Monday, February 14, 2011

Reading for A Style Metamorphasis

This may seem somewhat obvious, but simply put: looking great is not all about fashion. It's about style. I absolutely adore these three books, I pick them up regularly because they never cease to inspire me. All three are highly visual, which I love. They are as follows: 

The Science of Sexy, By Bradley Bayou
This book tells you how to dress your body type. There is a chart that is organized by height and weight, then you find your color and silhouette and it tells you what will flatter your figure. I love it! It's a no nonsense guide to dressing to flatter. Definitely pick this one up. 

Color Me Beautiful, By Carole Jackson
I found this one going through my mom's bookshelf. It doesn't look like much, but it's helped me immensely! When I used to shop, I would buy things because I thought the color was beautiful, not because it flattered me. Reading this book, I discovered that I am in fact "a summer" and it has helped me refine the color palette of my wardrobe and what I am drawn to in stores. The benefit? Everything matches! 


You Know You Want It, By Eric Daman
This book is beautiful. If you've ever watched Gossip Girl, I bet you've worshipped the clothes too. I received $14 in overdue fines from the library for keeping this book too long, finally, I just bought it. This book is great for visualizing how to creatively put outfits together. It has beautiful illustrations and is truly inspiring. 


Read any of these books? What did you think? Leave a comment!

Happy reading! And Happy Valentine's Day. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say!
Questions, comments, and feedback are all appreciated.

Always, Lakin