Sunday, March 6, 2011

Collegiate Cute


When: March 5, 2011


What: 
Cardigan: Gap
Shirt: Gap
Jeans: Levi's
Belt: Anne Klein via TJ Maxx
Shoes: Jack Purcell via Nordstrom 


Where: Out and about in downtown Corvallis


Why:  I decided that I needed to do a "weekendi" look (yeah, Kendi's name has cute puns and mine doesn't, so I just steal hers). Something comfy, casual, and cute (that's Amber's motto). This look is totally preppy collegiate and I love it! I am in love with my Jack Purcells. It's kind of funny, because my mom wore Jack Purcells back in college. I'm carrying on the legacy. Forget the chucks, I have jacks. 


We got up Saturday morning and went looking for a local flea market. Well, it doesn't exist. So, we did the next best thing, and went to the local consignment shop (which is the closest thing we get to a mall here), Second Glance, and shopped away. They are proud supporters of the Oregon State University Fashion Organization (OSUFO), and they mentioned that they want to display some recycled fashions in the window. We traded contact info, and perhaps we'll be seeing the music dress on display! 


Right now, I am working for spring break. This year, the break will be a staycation, and that's ok, as long as I get a reprieve from the toil! I know you're all working hard too. Keep it up, it's worth it. 

2 comments:

  1. JP's are my go to sneaker. I've been wearing them since they had a platform, I wear them now, and I just bought a new pair I refuse to take out of the box until the weather gets nice again. There's just something perfect, casual, and preppy about them.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love! and the background is so pretty :)

    http://styleaccordingtome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!
Questions, comments, and feedback are all appreciated.

Always, Lakin